Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What other games do u play?

+3
isla mann (Lea)
Anna Morphic
Raven Secura [LEA]
7 posters

Go down

What other games do u play? Empty What other games do u play?

Post  Raven Secura [LEA] Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:29 am

I'm not a huge PC gamer myself except for the occasional MMO. I'm more into console gaming with Halo Wars being flavour of the month.

So what about everyone else? Is Guild Wars your only gaming vice or do u own all 3 major consoles?
Raven Secura [LEA]
Raven Secura [LEA]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/afs-scarr/

Back to top Go down

What other games do u play? Empty Re: What other games do u play?

Post  Anna Morphic Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:23 pm

At the moment,GW is my only one.(although i do play flatout on the pc too).
Problem is,Guild Wars sucks you in so far,you have problems getting out again.lol.
AnnaX.
Anna Morphic
Anna Morphic

Back to top Go down

Post  isla mann (Lea) Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:05 pm

I used to be console ony and would bye each one as it was comming out, I was Xbox360 mad but now I cant get near the thing as my hubby plays it loads, but I have been playing guild wars for nearly two years although I have completed all the games there are still many challanges in the game, plus the fact I love doing missions with members, so Im a bit addicted to guild wars and play nothing else right now but cant wait for guild wars 2 to come out. Very Happy Laters Lea
isla mann (Lea)
isla mann (Lea)

Back to top Go down

Post  Becca (lea) Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:10 pm

LOL, once u get sucked in GW who has time for any other. As Isla, pointed out, even after u have completed all campaigns there is still tons to do. Besides, I like helping out the new players and watching their growth. However, I am afraid that once GW2 comes out it will be the death of gw as everyone will be playing it, only players left will be noobs. Oh well, will just have to wait and see.

Becca (lea)

Back to top Go down

Post  Raven Secura [LEA] Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:46 pm

So who's brave enough to go into some detail and gimme the low down on Guild Wars 2. ETA on release, free or monthly sub, will there be mounts, player housing, auction house, its fun to speculate.
Raven Secura [LEA]
Raven Secura [LEA]

Back to top Go down

Post  isla mann (Lea) Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:45 am

Its hard getting info on the game, but what i have heard is......items displayed in the hall of monuments in eye of the north you will be able to use them in gw2 also its set in the futuer, As far as I know there is no monthly payments for it, there have been a few warnings around about vidio footage and that its a scam, most of the chat is speculation and i have nothing i can draw on, but they did a good job with gw so my guess is its gotta be good, all we can do is wait and see i guess, what do the rest of you think? laters Lea Very Happy
isla mann (Lea)
isla mann (Lea)

Back to top Go down

Post  Anna Morphic Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:38 am

Very unsure about GW2 guys.I've heard all kinds of things like you'll be able to swim and climb and even marry other characters.Sounds like Tomb Raider meets something very silly to me.
I also heard they were gonna bring it out on console.Not sure if that's a cool idea.For one thing,the friday night crowd will play,and then we'll get idiots a-plenty on here,(you can get a lot more drunks round a console than you can round a pc.) and also you'll get loads of 7 year olds on.(you know parents take no notice of age warnings on games).Besides which,i dunno if i'll be able to stand all the usual crowd of posers in Piken Square who hang around all day going,"Yuh....well i played GW2 3 years before the beta even came out.I had my elite gorgonzola armour before any of you losers even knew GW 2 was coming out",just to try and impress the new guys.God........those guys really pee me off.
Still,i'll keep my fingers crossed,and my credit card ready for when it finally appears.
AnnaX.
Anna Morphic
Anna Morphic

Back to top Go down

Post  Raven Secura [LEA] Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:32 pm

Can't speak for the Playstation (although I've heard that the current Guild Wars is coming to PS3.) but if GW or GW2 made it to the Xbox 360. It would no doubt be a separate game with 360 owners only playing against other 360 owners. And not Xbox and PC users playing together due to Xbox Live being a closed network. Final Fantasy XI Online allows PC, PS2, and Xbox 360 owners to play together but only because of PlayOnline Viewer. Although I can certainly see the attraction for console companies wanting to bring across Guild Wars to the console market since the free to play business model is perfect for customers who may already be paying to use a premium online gaming service. And don't want to pay another monthly free on top e.g FFXI Online.

===================================

PS
Why can't I see my sig? I've added one and saved it. But yet I see no sig? Rolling Eyes
Raven Secura [LEA]
Raven Secura [LEA]

Back to top Go down

Post  Elona Beowulf [lea] Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:18 pm

I am a big Xbox 360 fan. got most the big games on there. i also play a bit of Diablo 2 and i have had guild wars prophecies since release.......however i have never got much past searing lol. i feel like such a noob Very Happy .
Elona Beowulf [lea]
Elona Beowulf [lea]

Back to top Go down

Post  Raven Secura [LEA] Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:39 pm

Richard Beowulf [LEA] wrote:I am a big Xbox 360 fan. got most the big games on there.

And what would be your favourite title?
Raven Secura [LEA]
Raven Secura [LEA]

Back to top Go down

Post  Spawny Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:42 am

small post

Im proud owner of 3 computers, super nintendo, playstation 1, 2 playstation 2, PSP (a pink one for the fun of it xD), ... i dont have xbox, im not that pro mickysoft)

I'll give a nice view on my life as a gamer in a diffrent post - nice idea for later maybe tomorrow when i got some sleep.

Right now i play the following games on pc:

- Crossfire
- Dynasty warriors 6 (ps3 game but i got it converted to pc - side note: my pc isnt half as strong as the ps3)
- Guild wars (deuh!)
- Secret of mana (super nes game, im using an emulator)
- DotA (mini game in warcraft 3 frozen throne)
- Age of empires 2 - the conquers
- Left 4 dead
- Call of Duty 4 modern warfare.

Thats my short list, most of them i play guildwars, crossfire and dynasty warriors 6 for now. Im close to 100% game finish of dynasty warriors (i started 5 days ago :p) i will prolly go for DotA again.

i got the suggestion of playing Halo on pc, any comment on this? oppinions?

I have no job and i sit at home almost 80% of the week. So yes i got time to play all this.
Spawny
Spawny

http://www.thewebsiteisdown.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Raven Secura [LEA] Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:14 am

Spawny wrote:i got the suggestion of playing Halo on pc, any comment on this? oppinions?

Yes Halo is a decent game u should try it. Ah who am I kidding? Halo is freaking awesome and we live in a better world because of it!! flower flower flower
Raven Secura [LEA]
Raven Secura [LEA]

Back to top Go down

Post  Spawny Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:16 am

i like your way of thinking

+1
Spawny
Spawny

Back to top Go down

Post  Raven Secura [LEA] Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:50 am

Indeed my good sir.
Raven Secura [LEA]
Raven Secura [LEA]

Back to top Go down

Post  Elona Beowulf [lea] Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:10 pm

The game i would say i liked the most on the 360 must be the one i always came back too........either halo3 or oblivion.

Last edited by Richard Beowulf [LEA] on Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Elona Beowulf [lea]
Elona Beowulf [lea]

Back to top Go down

Post  Raven Secura [LEA] Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:39 pm

Richard Beowulf [LEA] wrote:The game i would say i liked the most on the 360 must be the one i always came back too........either halo3 or oblibion.

Since u mentioned Oblivion have u played Fallout 3 at all? I highly recommend it if u haven't.
Raven Secura [LEA]
Raven Secura [LEA]

Back to top Go down

Post  Elona Beowulf [lea] Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:39 pm

a little.....my initial thought were oh look its oblivion revamped, why would i pay another £40 for that?

yeah i really have a bit of a solid mind on that kinda thing. few mates got it though it is a big step graphically but i prefer medievil style instead of futuristic
Elona Beowulf [lea]
Elona Beowulf [lea]

Back to top Go down

Post  Chimiko [lea] Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:40 pm

Fallout 3 (PS3) is a fabulous game. I love the stye, the music (GNR ftw!) and the karma-system. The map is really big, you can walk for hours and find the most interesting things. And all the sidequests... It sorta fits to a pen&paper roleplaygame I recently played (Hell on Earth, maybe someone knows it), which made it even more interesting to play.

I like setting that mix old and new ways like in FF X, or in p&p rpgs like Deadlands and it's sequel Hell on Earth, Falkonstein, Anima Beyond Fantasy. Steampunk is quite an insteresting genre, but I like medieval games as well.

Played Morrowind for quite a while but got totally lost lol, then tested Oblivion (PC version) but never really got beyond character-creation and the first introductional stept to the game. I should give it another try, but don't have so much time.
I wasn't very happy with Baldur's Gate back then, but really liked Neverwinter Nights and still play it from time to time.

Just recently started to play Drakensang, which is set in a world I already know from an rpg (Das Schwarze Auge - The Dark Eye in English), which is really fun and made this rpg-world come to life a lil more. Shame there's no english version, though :/

Another kinda medieval game I like is the Soul Calibur Series (parts 2-4), but it's more about the characters and beating up, the medieval thing is just nice fluffstuff. ;D (Don't like Tekken anymore, somehow to slow and kinda too much butten mashing for my taste)
Chimiko [lea]
Chimiko [lea]

Back to top Go down

Post  Spawny Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:40 pm

Best game for Super Nintendo is still Secret of mana.

Its the foundation on which the whole Final Fantasy series is build on ^^

hurray for square soft!!!

~ Spawny <3

small edit: Im gonna write down my game history later (i think i mentioned before) when i find the time. Its gonna take some... space.
Spawny
Spawny

Back to top Go down

Post  Chimiko [lea] Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:43 pm

Aaaah I totally forgot the Zelda Games. Really gotta get Twilight Princess sooner or later ^^
Chimiko [lea]
Chimiko [lea]

Back to top Go down

Post  Raven Secura [LEA] Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:09 pm

Best rpg ever has to go to The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. king
Raven Secura [LEA]
Raven Secura [LEA]

Back to top Go down

Post  Chimiko [lea] Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:58 pm

Ocarina of Time is so cool!
I also liked Majora's Mask very much, bit tough at some points, because I was confused by all these changes in time and the mask quests.
Zelda - The Windwaker (GameCube) is pretty neat, too, though it was a bit childish, yet still fun to play. ^^
Chimiko [lea]
Chimiko [lea]

Back to top Go down

Post  Spawny Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:29 pm

Zelda links awakening Smile

for gameboy!!! rox my sox! :>
Spawny
Spawny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down