Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thoughts on our direction. (kinda rambling, sorry)

+2
Anna Morphic
Sister Moses
6 posters

Go down

Thoughts on our direction.  (kinda rambling, sorry) Empty Thoughts on our direction. (kinda rambling, sorry)

Post  Sister Moses Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:20 am

Well, I have less invested in the guild than others do...Just wanted to acknowledge that before I begin. It does suck that people will show up, join the guild and just disappear (here I am thinking more of people who do not quit the group, the just stop logging on) but I believe that is to be expected with any game. Guild Wars is going down in price and people do not have to invest much to get into this game so, even though there is hell of a lot of playability, they may not give growing bored of the game a second thought. Personally, I may have grown bored of the game if it hadn't been for this Guild's open attitude. I had been in 3 guilds before I was lucky enough to get recruited by Anna, and all of those Guilds sucked....I mean, in two of them I was the only member other than the player who made the guild and being a newb that hardly cut it....and then finding out the leader of the guild was also a newb really messed me up.
So, understanding that the amount of effort that Anna puts into recruiting, it can be upsetting when the people you hav)e spent time and money on recruiting have absolutely no appreciation of your efforts. Kinda rambling...trying to state my gratitude for being a member of the guild, my appreciation of the work that goes into recruiting, and then suggestions and it is not happening so I will change my format to a list.

* While we might feel bad kicking someone for being off for 3 weeks, we should enforce a rule that if a member is not on for 3+ weeks than they will be kicked and it is their responsibility to pm an officer and supply the 100g needed to rejoin the guild. That way there are no hard feelings.

* On the topic of direction, I think it is understood I do not want much out of this game. I want a place to escape to and I hope for a guild with friendly people I can chat with, who will help me if I get stuck. It has sucked that people haven't been on as much but, do we all just want to go and find new guilds and hope they are better? I already know I like this guild, and even if I am not on when other members are, I like looking at the guild list and seeing that people were on in the last 2 hours...3/4 of the guilds I have been in sucked. I am sorry that others are not as happy with the guild as I am but, I have invested less into the creation and leadership of the guild.

Sister Moses

http://Noah.thebesttraynors.com

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on our direction.  (kinda rambling, sorry) Empty Awwww...Thanx Sister

Post  Anna Morphic Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:34 pm

Sister...that was a great post hun.
It's really reassuring when someone else realises the effort you have to put into all this,and your comments are really appreciated.
Lol...yep,recruiting sure can be a pain in the butt.Our idea was always to find and help new players but they rarely stay long.
We (Isla and Myself) remember what it was like when we first started playing.Everywhere you go,someone starts with the "Noob"
thing,and it can be intimidating to the point where you just don't want to play anymore.We did'nt want people who joined LEA to go
through that kinda thing,so that's why we turned out the way we have.We've never been the best,and we never want to be.We just
want to be a place people can come and feel at ease and learn about the game.
I've heard the same thing about other Guilds loads of times.Someone starts playing,first thing they do is start a Guild.Then they get 3 members and a month later they fold.
I can't really say we do it properly,or even know what we're doing but we're glad when people like our style and want to stay.
I don't think any of us have any worries on the "all going and joining another Guild" front.Isla,Nandi and i will be here as long as we
all have P.C.'s and an internet connection,so as long as you want to call LEA your online home,you'll always have a place with us.

We've been thinking along the same lines about kicking lately.The plan at the moment is to stop recruiting and just stick with the
regulars we have for a while.And yes...i think you're right.Three weeks offline is long enough unless the person informs someone they
won't be around for a while.Problem when they go off and don't say why is we don't know if they've stopped playing or not.Then
when we get new guys join us,they say "But i thought you had 40 gazillion members? Where are they all?"
I like your style Sister...and don't worry abour rambling hun.I do it all the time.It's what a Forum's for.

Anna X.
Anna Morphic
Anna Morphic

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on our direction.  (kinda rambling, sorry) Empty Re: Thoughts on our direction. (kinda rambling, sorry)

Post  berny starr Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:21 pm

hi everyone,
i am really enjoying the game having a nice guild with friendly people to chat to helps. i am up for any guild fun things to do together.
oh by the way if you talk and dont get a reply dont worry im probably getting killed.
see you all soon sunny

berny starr

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on our direction.  (kinda rambling, sorry) Empty ((((((((Berny)))))))

Post  Anna Morphic Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:07 pm

Hiya Hun.
Don't worry about not talking Berny.....i still have problems typing and playing at the same time even after nearly 2 years.
Doing 2 things at once is'nt the easiest of things to do.
Glad you like it here in LEA hun,and we all hope you'll stick with us for a long time.

Anna.X
Anna Morphic
Anna Morphic

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on our direction.  (kinda rambling, sorry) Empty this is cool

Post  isla mann (Lea) Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:40 am

Thank you guys for posting on the forum, its always interesting to find out whats going on and to keep each other updated on how things are going, its nice to talk in guild chat but with everyone doing various things its not always easy to keep a good convo going without getting killed...I still havent mastered that one yet.lol so keep up with the posts its always good to hear from you thanks Wink Lea
isla mann (Lea)
isla mann (Lea)

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on our direction.  (kinda rambling, sorry) Empty Thoughts on our direction

Post  Becca ((HOME) Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:13 pm

Not really sure if this is right place to post but I have a few thoughts on this matter. It seems that the same names are always appearing on alliance chat as well as this forum. I know one cannot make people post or chat, and it is hard to play and type at the same time, but just a friendly hello before starting game play can't be that hard to do, lol. I have been working hard at getting my guild to participate more in alliance chats. Would be nice if we had more alliance events so that all the guilds in the alliance could get to know one another.

Becca ((HOME)

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on our direction.  (kinda rambling, sorry) Empty Re: Thoughts on our direction. (kinda rambling, sorry)

Post  isla mann (Lea) Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:54 pm

Very Happy I agree with that Becca, trouble is im pretty sure we have a couple of dead guilds on board that no one is using so i realy should get rid of them but Im a little wary of inviting new guilds into the alliance because of past bad experiances so I tend to listen to members or the alliance for other guilds to join. Its realy great that you have got involved with the forum and always good to hear others points of view. So if anyone has any advice I am more than happy to listen Very Happy Thanks laters Lea bounce
isla mann (Lea)
isla mann (Lea)

Back to top Go down

Post  Belkira Druss Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:58 am

With the exception of me popping on and off my guilds hall echoes with the unmistakable sound of nothingness! Feel free to remove me from the alliance, You need active guilds and i fully appreciate that, Big hugs Very Happy
Belkira Druss
Belkira Druss

Back to top Go down

Post  isla mann (Lea) Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:26 pm

No way Bob, as I said before I would like to keep your guild with us and I understand your reasons for not being as active as you used to be, but to see you when we do is always good, I consider you as a good friend and I know I speak for all of us you have helped us out many times with your wisdom of the game. I was thinking more about the guilds we have no interaction at all with, the reason I posted is to find out how the semi or active guilds feel, do they want it bigger or are they happy with the way things are? thanks Lea Very Happy
isla mann (Lea)
isla mann (Lea)

Back to top Go down

Post  Anna Morphic Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:31 pm

Would even think of kicking you out Bobster,so drop that idea you naughty old Guild Leader!!
Lea and TFG have a long history,and it would take a lot to make us wave you goodbye.
AnnaX.
Anna Morphic
Anna Morphic

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on our direction.  (kinda rambling, sorry) Empty Thoughts on our direction

Post  Becca ((HOME) Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:27 pm

Am glad to know that there is no way that Isla would consider booting TFG, Bob and his "cool" personality is the main reason for my guild joining this alliance. Even though you can't logon often, when you do, your presense is felt. Just get that thought out of your head cause you know this alliance is your home.

Becca ((HOME)

Back to top Go down

Post  Anna Morphic Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:55 pm

I'm Kinda easy right now Bossladygal,as i don't really get the chance to come on as much as i used to.
If (and i'm only saying IF) i were there more often,i would of course,like the guild to grow.Problem is it brings us back to 109 members and only 3 come on again does'nt it?
As Auntie Doris sang...."Que Sera Sera".Suck it and see as they say in Berwick Street Market.

Laters guys n gals........AnnaX.
Anna Morphic
Anna Morphic

Back to top Go down

Post  Anna Morphic Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:46 am

Oh........Goodygumdropsspankmybottieandcallmedorkbrain!!
I just realised you were talking about the Alliance!!Oh well....here's my 20 penceworth on our afilliate mates in the other Guilds.
Well,having the Alliance is good.It gives people in both our Guild and in the others a bit of interaction with other players besides thier own Guild Buddies.
I do feel however,that if a Guild is going to stay inactive for a long period of time,they should get the big "E" much the same as with any Guild member who went missing for a long peiod and did'nt let anyone know.
I'm not sure about making the Alliance bigger...........We've met a lot of great people through the Alliance,but we've also met a lot of Divvys too.(and a lot of people who've never even spoken to anyone in Alliance chat!!)
Our very first experience of being in an Alliance,was that the leading Guild pinched our better players,then booted us out.Not a good start.
Only a very few times have we met people as like us as Becca and Bob's Guilds are,and i doubt very much if we will find many more in the future either.
So my answer in short is.......;............Dunno Boss.A large Alliance is nice,but just like a Guild you lose the closeness between players when you get big.It's a difficult call.
Totally befuddled.......AnnaX.
Anna Morphic
Anna Morphic

Back to top Go down

Post  Becca ((HOME) Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:37 pm

Hey y'all, first off, thanks Anna for the kind words. Perhaps an alliance is like a guild, better to have a few good, loyal members, who will support each other than alot of members who just want to take advantage, by that I mean the players who just want you to play their game for them. In my opinion the alliance will grow, and Lea will eventually find the guilds that will be an asset and become like family. As for myself, I am perfectly content with the "family" as it is. Love y'all! Oh, btw, Anna, who is Faith No More, another music group I should have a listen to?

Becca ((HOME)

Back to top Go down

Post  Anna Morphic Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:20 pm

Definitly Becca.If there's 3 songs i'd reccomend to anyone..........Gimme Shelter by the Stones,Temple of Love by Sisters of Mercy and of course Epic by Faith No More.Trust Auntie Anna......They rock like heck!!
Anna Morphic
Anna Morphic

Back to top Go down

Post  Belkira Druss Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:38 pm

I made Steph listen to Faith No More on the way to the eurostar station Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Belkira Druss
Belkira Druss

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum