Creed I try to live by

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Creed I try to live by

Post  Becca (lea) on Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:33 pm

Hey y'all, I don't think that GW is the place to come to for political or religious discussions but the following is a creed that I have posted on my fridge and I read it every morning. It was written by, in my opinion, by the greatest humanitarian that walked the face of the earth, a person who asked nothing but to serve others less fortunate than her, wanting nothing in return. Many of you have probably already run across this, but for those of you that haven't, I hope that it will inspire you as it has done me!

Inspiration

People are often unreasonable, illogical and self-centered; forgive them anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies; succeed anyway.

If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you; be honest and frank anyway.

What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight; build anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness, there may be jealously; be happy anyway.

The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow; do good anyway.

Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough; give the world the best you've got anyway.

You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.

Mother Theresa

If this has offended anybody in any way, was not my intention. Just wanted to share!

Becca (lea)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Creed I try to live by

Post  Elona Beowulf [lea] on Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:56 pm

I think that this is incredibly profound. Not that I believe in god but i dont see how anyone could be offended by it.

It's hard to find wise words like this and it is the kind of mantra (if that is the right word) I live by.
Elona Beowulf [lea]

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Anna Morphic on Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:39 pm

I love it Becca.And anyone who's offended by it can kiss my big South London butt.
I have one too as it happens.I first came across this when i was about 12,and i've always carried it with me in my head.
DESIDERATA

Go placidly amid the noise and haste,and remember what peace there may be in silence.
As far as possible,be on good terms with all persons.Speak your truth quetly and clearly and listen to others,even to the dull and ignorant.They too have thier story.
Avoid loud and aggressive persons,they are vexations of the spirit.
If you compare yourself with others,you may become vain and bitter,for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.Keep interested in your own career however humble.It is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.
Exercise caution in your buisiness affairs,for the world is full of trickery.But let this not blind you to what virtue there is.Many persons strive for high ideals and everywhere life is full of heroism.
Be yourself.Especially do not fiegn affection.Neither be cynical about love,for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is perennial as the grass.
Take kindly to the counsel of the years,gracefully surrendering the things of youth.Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune.But do not distress yourself with imaginings.Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.
Beyond a wholesome discipline,be gentle with yourself.You are a child of the universe,no less than the trees and the stars you have a right to be here.And wether or not it is clear to you,no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
Therefore,be at peace with God,whatever you percieve him to be,and whatever your labours and aspirations,in the noisey confusion of life keep peace with your soul.
With all its sham and drudgery and broken dreams,it is still a beautiful world.
Be cheerful.Strive to be happy.
Anna Morphic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spawny on Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:30 pm

I live following a simple code, but doesnt always seems to work out that well.

"Do for another what you want them to do to you, but do not do to another what you wouldnt want to get yourself."

There are some flaws in it, cos mostly when i do something i dont want anything back.

Anyways, quick post, my 2 cents.

~ Spawny
Spawny

View user profile http://www.thewebsiteisdown.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Belkira Druss on Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:25 pm

Treat others how you would wish to be treated - Not fancy or clever but simple.
Belkira Druss

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spawny on Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:58 am

imagine you like to get sm :p

ZomgWtfUberl33tBBQsaucepwnz0rhilariousRoflmao... ect right? :p
Spawny

View user profile http://www.thewebsiteisdown.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ash_is_the_devil on Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:01 am

as much as i used to beleave in god n all ya i know wot some ppl may say to that but now i look on other ppl so much differently its unbeleaveable dam thats my longest word today lol but ya i do agree wit becca and anna to me i run my life so much different from every1 not because i have to but because i choose to i live my life a half mile at a time i dont plan things i cant but ya i see where ppl r coming from which makes me knw where i am going the oddest thing is i dont care wot happens to me r wot ppl call me i just care bout my friends and family ive put my life on the line so many times for my sister n get treated like crap dont bother me but any way enought bout me me me becca anna Isla and the rest of you all keep up the great post and i wish u all the best i got a few things to think bout b4 my next ever post so i mite not be on here for a while but ull see me on gw im more than sure ill be somewhere on there
Ash_is_the_devil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top