Game History (or something like that)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game History (or something like that)

Post  Spawny on Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:50 am

Well, for all that can see, im 20 years old so... you'll get arround of 17 years of "game" experience :p (make sure to have a cup of coffee or something cos you might fall asleep)

Incase you get borred reading this topic (like most of mine cos its prolly a bit longer than average post) you can always just read the comments of others that did read it :p

For me it started at the age of 4 - 5.

The year is 1993 when i see my first game experience.. a super nintendo. The grey box thing like which you connect to your television. You can play games on it Razz (hurray) Though back then i prefered playing outside or just be a looner that sits in a corner and plays alone with cars or something (i have 2 brothers but i was a looner like i said, still am) the super nintendo was fun for me. My dad and my oldest bro mostly played on it. While i watched. I remember them playing games like star wing, a game you controle a sort of super "advanced" airplane through space and through maps to save the world. It was fun to move along with the plane on television, we gotta move left to not crash, we (my brothers, my dad and I) all moved together, to the left, right, go low!!! Go slow! every move the plane made... we made :p it was funny to look at im sure of that. Then there was the other game and prolly most famous... Mario Bros! Razz We played many hours, you can even play it with 2!!!! (multiplayer!! woohoo!) It took us 2 years to actualy finish the game. Then some time passes and we get new games, i remember illusion of time (the german version) which was cool to play (ive got it on my pc in an emulator right now, i finished it 11 times now, but i didnt realy play it back then.)

But then it happend... Secret of mana was bought by my dad... This game was sooooooo addictive for me.. you have no idea. ITs the first game that came out from square inc and is actualy the game that made the final fantasy series come to life! This game takes you on a journey over the world to save the mana and the world from the evil (the good old fashion: Good vs Bad concept) And the best part was: you get 3 characters at the start of the game that do the story line -> you play as player one and can controle all 3 (while you run the other 2 run behind you) but... if you had 2 controllers.. you can play with 2 (so one is running behind you which both you can controle) I wasted many many many hours playing this game with my brother. Its this way i learned how to play games for real and rather well. Eventualy, my brother finished the game and my dad too. But it was an epic battle for them to play the last boss.
Eventualy... they started playing other things while i still played that. I'll tell you now, even till today i know how many times i have finished this game, excluding the times i finished it on pc (through an emulator program) that would be exacly: 1337 times. Yes you may laugh... i actualy did add a few times to get to this number. (i am addicted to this game and its rather easy to finish it since i know every single thing of this game like my backyard.)

Other titles i played on the Super NES were: megaman X, Mortal combat, Donkey Kong (hurray), Zelda and many more. They were the games that actualy made become a gamer in the first place. A looner like me + Super NES = gamer.

Some years later, i received alot of money for my birthday and new year and i decided with my oldest brother to buy myself a playstation 1! With 2 games, command and conquer and Tekken 3!!! (button bashing ftw i call it) I had a period of less gaming then cos my mom putted strict rules on it. We only got to play playstation/nintendo or computer: 45 min on wensdays, 1 hour at friday, 1 at saturday and 45 min on sunday. I can assure you, my moms will is the law in house. So i didnt play so much. I do have to admit when i was 10 years old, the last day of may that year i dropped of a slide and fell with my face first on a stone floor from 5 - 6 meters high. I survived and its an other story but since i couldnt go to school anymore and was gonna be home for 3 months i did play alot of playstation, computer too and super nes in that time. We had games on our computer arround that time: Lord of the realm 2 (our first pc game, i still rock at it) followed by: red alert, Dune 2000 and age of empires. Im gonna talk about the pc games later and focus on the consoles first.

I first had a gameboy, followed by the super nes and then playstation 1.

When i was 12 i played this demo of crash team racing... some wicked games with carts... it was hilarious and good ^^ <3. It made me buy it. The cool thing was you could play it with 4 (if you had the multitap) and we did have that :p. But also alone. Ive wasted loads of hours playing that.. i was addited to it and i couldnt get through all the time trial maps. I got my butt kicked several times by the game. (leading to me trashing alot of playstation controllers... i should do some angry management.) Eventualy.. playstation 2 came out... and i bought it :p (lol!!) Together with the game Devil may Cry... this game is uber L33T pwnage. It was a good buy. We also bought unreal tournement for it... but i still think the pc version was better. I played out devil may cry, kicked the bums of pc's and players in Unreal and got to the point of playing games that my brothers bought. I usuay was broke so i couldnt buy much. I played grand tourismo 3, the concept and the 4 ofc too ^^. I saw the dynasty warriors game at a friends house and i wanted it too :p (i got dynasty warriors: 2, 3, 3 extreme legends, 4, 4 xtre leg, 4 empires, 5 and the 6 i got on pc right now (talk about a fan of dynasty warriors right?) This is actualy together with all the offline games... not much. The real thing for me started with socom.

Socom 1 ONLINE. Over the playstation 2 on the internet. Im 14 going on 15 at this point. I even got a Lan cable of 15 meters from school to get through the house from my router to my playstion :p to play it on the internet. Socom 1: 3rd person shooter online where you either eliminate the terrorist as seal (or other way arround) or grab a bomb and try plant it at enemy base (the counter strike idea i gues). I wasted hours after that playstation... and i even pushed it so far i didnt have to keep to the hours that were set by my mom. (I was/am a difficult teenager) I had my first clan there.. though i was a newbie, i always liked having people incharge above me and tell me what to do. Eventualy i bought socom 2, it was out along time so that means i actualy played on a... as good as dead socom 1 server... so when i came to socom 2 it was like: WOW, COMMUNITY PLAYERS. 2k + peeps online 24/7 -> my first realy experience. I joined the fusion of the clans DT (my clan on socom 1) and TT (our friends on socom 1) the clan wa called Xtreme (with clan tag: [=X=]) I saw old players again that i knew from socom 1. I made a name for myself and was considerd a skilled player that played well... and had no life. I came home, played socom, eat, play socom, go sleep, school, home socom, eat, socom, sleep, ... you get the point. I also got to admit, though some here may think im intelligent.. im not realy. Mature... nah not realy. But for some reason i got called mature alot in =X= .. though when we were playing i sometimes shouted alot down the "comms" (the mic, you had to push a button to be able to speak through your headset, but you couldnt always and the time was limited. :p) Anyways, i played socom 1 and 2 from my 14 - 17.. thats 3 years of game experience. Then, cos my brothers both had their own pc ... i got to play on our pc (my dads) I stole the pc sorta, i was always on it and my dad and mom had to beg get some time on it... im not proud of it but thats how it went. I used to play offline games, age of empires 2, red alert, heroes of might and magic, ect ect.

Then i started playing counter strike a bit on my 2nd brothers account, it was fun and i liked it. Though i could get realy angry with it... (again... angry management) couple of mouses and keybords.. went to heaven. On a day my oldest brother introduced me to lineage 2... a MMORPG ... something like wow.. but way better imo. I played on a private server as i didnt want to pay for it (neither did my brother) I'll share you my lineage 2 story later, if there is intrest in hearing it. I got even more obsesed with playing this and i was a serious addict to this game, it took up all my time, even my grades in school started dropping. (usualy if i pay attention in class, i get the average scores w/o doing anything at all) But since i played L2, even in class i was thinking about this game, what i was gonna do in the evening... (im not proud of this at all but ... shit happens). I finished my last year in high school (18) and went for college. To study multimedia and communication technology... sadly enough, i lost intrest for the classes fast as the class i ended up in... was the biggest gamers class in the whole 1st year.. They skipped all the theory classes only the ones they were suppose to be there, they went.. after 2 months and 1 week, i ended up doing the same. Sitting in the dinning place, playing games vs eachother (call of duty 4 or DotA were the favorites). Even at that time i had guildwars already, my brother bought it for me in march or something of 2006 or so could be 2007. I didnt play so much as i didnt have anyone to play with, the guilds i joined sucked and i was still addicted to lineage 2. Through out the school time in college... i just wasted my time and screwed up money for studies. The only good thing that ive had from playing lineage 2... is that when i got 19, and decided to stop trying to pass my first year of college.. in february that year i met my girlfriend, Nina for the first time in lineage. Im still glad that i did... best girl in my life. Anyways, i wasted alot of things i screwed up my life... i dont have a job now, i thrown away alot of oppertunities... but! Ive got ALOT of game experience.. Ive seen alot (maybe to much already) and i gotta say... If you read this and your still young... dont let this screw over your life... dont make the same mistakes i made. Play games for fun and not like me cos you cant do anything else anymore. I like going out.. having fun with friends and ect... but i had moments when going out i just wanted to be home and play games.... -.-" dont let it come that far.

Anyyyywaaaaayyysss.... i think i left my history of gaming and got on the personal tour.. there is so much i wanna write more and tell... but my fingers hurt, my eyes aswell my head is gonna explode :p and im tired as hell. So there might be a 2nd part to this with more info on other things... in other cases... ehm... oh well, nothing :p

If you read this line: you are amazing for actualy reading through the whole damn post.
If you read this line cos you skipped all... to bad.. and lucky you :p you didnt have to get borred by me.

Cheers

~ Spawny
Spawny

View user profile http://www.thewebsiteisdown.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Game History (or something like that)

Post  Elona Beowulf [lea] on Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:22 pm

Sounds similar to my experiance. the difference being i was a loner till the age of 14/15 then alot of my social circle played the same games as me.

but it follows much the same line lol.
Elona Beowulf [lea]

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spawny on Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:10 pm

Great ^^ thought i was alone in that ^^

Though it took me to get 16 - 17 to actualy start going out some.
Spawny

Back to top Go down

Post  Elona Beowulf [lea] on Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:31 pm

Games have always been a big part of my life and it will never change. its nice to be able to lose yourself to another world. hide from the grim truth of this one lol.
Elona Beowulf [lea]

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spawny on Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:01 pm

I agree on this, it has been a jump out of real life.. its like taking drugs or getting drunk... only we know it doesnt kill you that fast as the other 2. Unless you play WoW for 4 days w/o stopping drinking red bull and coffee. Then you die actualy.
Spawny

Back to top Go down

Post  Ash_is_the_devil on Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:47 am

i know what your both saying been there done that ya at one stage for me i spent 3 yrs just playin online games day in day out ya i played socom 1 and 2 online both on playstation 2. i also played another rpg called Ultima Online ya on there i was like a god there wasnt nothing i didnt know bout the game but when out of work hard to pay for mind i i had been playin it for like 60 months = (around 5 n half years) so i quite few years later i came across this game and now im slowly starting to go back how i used to be and thats not gd for me so far in 3 months i have spent around 48hrs on it but i play it when i can i just dont want to be up like 5 mins b4 i turn the pc on and load it up that just scew my marriage up lol ill have to find a way to make it up to the wife lol well catch u all later
Ash_is_the_devil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elona Beowulf [lea] on Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:08 pm

I know that side of it too. My other half was getting fed up with me being on the computer all the time, and She likes this game, but felt i was not paying attention to Her so i can see a little less time gaming in life and spending time with loved ones is important.
Elona Beowulf [lea]

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spawny on Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:46 pm

Try that when you girlfriend is in an other country.. and you can only communicate through msn...
Spawny

Back to top Go down

Post  Elona Beowulf [lea] on Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:47 pm

puch i do feel sorry for ya now mate!
Elona Beowulf [lea]

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spawny on Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:25 am

nah dont, i dont need people to feel bad or something for me. My problem, i'll fix it.
Spawny

Back to top Go down

Post  Elona Beowulf [lea] on Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:48 am

my bro had a gf in Germany for a long time. they were together 3 years i know it can work. i hope you are happy.
Elona Beowulf [lea]

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Belkira Druss on Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:52 pm

I met my girlfriend on Guild wars some of you may have seen her. Lady rayve darksong, She lived in Australia and me in England so we communicated on MSN for quite some time. She visited for a few weeks last year and now she has moved here permenantly!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Stick with it Spawny its working for us cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy affraid lol!
Belkira Druss

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spawny on Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:42 pm

Thanks for the support, though some people like to advice me otherwise.
Spawny

Back to top Go down

Post  Elona Beowulf [lea] on Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:29 pm

stick with it man. its worth it that much i know.
Elona Beowulf [lea]

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top