Just for posterity.........

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Just for posterity.........

Post  Anna Morphic on Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:54 am

Ok.So a lot of you guys all heard all this before,but just for the archives i thought it would be kinda nice to write a brief history of LEA.

WAAAAAAAY back in september 2007,Isla and i formed the guild.At first,(well,for a long time actually) we sucked big time.A lot of people still say we do,but i think even they would have to admit we got better.
Our first batch of Officers were awful.We joined an Alliance who promptly stole all our best players,and we got kicked out of the Alliance.I think that's why Isla decided to build an Alliance of our own,so we did'nt get into that kind of situation again.
Our first signings included the awesome TFG.If you look on our Alliance tab,you'll see they're still there today.
LEA and TFG have a history of getting along.We all kinda gelled i guess,and they've remained our good buddies to this day.Thanks to them,we were introduced to Becca's guild.Another lady who is in tune with us.
Our first really decent officer didnt come along for a few months.We met Nandi in Piken Square,and pretty soon realised he was something special.If it was'nt for him,we'd have packed it all in ages ago.Nandi is the cornerstone of LEA,and we could'nt have lasted this long without him.
People always ask why we don't recruit officers like most Guilds.Well,that's because we feel it's better to get to know people first.Making someone an Officer who's going to kick half your members overnight is'nt really a cool idea is it?
One of the things we both decided when we started out,was that we would do as much as we could to help people.We don't always give new members loads of weapons and stuff,but that's because we've been stung in the past.When you've been here a while,you'll find guys give you things for free all the time.It's just getting to know you is all.
As you may have noticed by the dates on the roster,both Isla and i have left the Guild at various times.
I left to start my own Guild which promptly fell to bits,and Isla went help a prospective Alliance guild get set up.
Chimkio was our next really good find,and she was followed pretty soon by most of the guys on the list today.
We have a great team of guys up there,so you can see why we want to be so choosy.
One of our greatest pleasures is doing Guild and Alliance missions.Some of the best and most fun times we've had on here is when we get a team together to help someone do a mission.It can't be beat.
All in all,it's been nearly 2 years of alternate fun and dissapointment.Nandi always says it's a rollercoaster Guild,and i guess that sums it up.One thing i ragret is that some of the best players we've had have gone to play W.O.W. or had to quit due to outside commitments,but when you gotta go,you gotta go i guess.
Ask anyone who's been with us a while,or anyone who's got to know us fairly well,and they will tell you.Lea may not be the biggest,it may not be the best,but we do try to maintain a happy,almost family in the guild kinda vibe going.If you like it here,you'll get what i mean.If you don't then i guess you won't be around for xmas.
Well,like i said,when we started we did'nt know what we were doing.Two years on and we still don't.being in LEA is'nt about blood death and killing Kurzicks like in most Guilds.It's about people and friends and having a good time.
Enjoy the ride guys......even when it's quiet,it's still fun.
AnnaX.
Anna Morphic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Just for posterity.........

Post  isla mann (Lea) on Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:16 am

Very nicely put Anna, but I must point out that YOU have been the best officer followed by Nandi and You have been the bigest support and help someone could ever wish for, Im pleased that we are friends in real life and I know I badger you sometimes when you havent been on in a while but we all miss your friendly banter when your not around, with many of the guild members, officers and alliance people we have formed a great bond and we look out for each other and care about whats happining in real life as well as in game. So its half and half realy as to why we keep playing, Nandi, Chimiko, Prinses, Dagon, Bahia, Noratc, Spawny, Kram, Dude, Spirt, Sister, Fred, Sasko, Anna, Bella, in no particular order, are all realy great officers and im realy happy to have you all in the guild for differant reasons, and its so nice to see Mydea back in the game he was an officer for a while but due to out side commitments was unable to come on for a while, he made our very first forum for us, sarah was also an officer but again is away due to real life commitments and we hope to see her soon and wish her well. Very Happy
We have lots of new mebers that i hope will post on the forum and let us know what they think.......But for know i will let you all know I think you all Rock ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) and thanks to you all guys. Laters Lea cheers
isla mann (Lea)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raven Secura [LEA] on Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:48 am

An interesting read.

PS
What is a Kurzick?
Raven Secura [LEA]

View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/afs-scarr/

Back to top Go down

Post  Elona Beowulf [lea] on Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:31 pm

It's nice to hear about the history of the guild. and thanks again anna for signing me up.

a Kurzick is the other alliance we are Luxon and we fight Kurzick
Elona Beowulf [lea]

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Anna Morphic on Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:43 pm

Nice accolades bosslady and thanx for having that much faith in me.but i still say the other guys do a greater job than me.I'm just some old bint with a big mouth who likes to recruit....lol.
It's always a big thrill for me (and sometimes a dissapointment i'll admit),to get to know new members and watch them grow as players and maybe become Officers.That's half the fun of the game for me.
And no problemo Richard.Glad to have you onboard hun.
AnnaX.
Anna Morphic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spawny on Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:21 am

Best phrase of me in this post:

"I got called by name in a post!! \o/ HURRAY"

and a bit more serious

Thnx for keeping me and making it so nice for me Smile <3
Spawny

View user profile http://www.thewebsiteisdown.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Anna Morphic on Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:23 am

It would'nt be the same without you Spawny.((((((((((((((((((((HUGE hugaroonies hun.))))))))))))))))))))).
AnnaX.
Anna Morphic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Belkira Druss on Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:12 am

Good to see you guys are still rocking!!! i'll get my butt on sometime soon to prove im still a bazd ass kurze killer!!! Very Happy miss you all loads, Bobster Smile Smile Smile Smile
Belkira Druss

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spawny on Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:36 pm

Its good to see that im not the only one that likes wooping the bums of guys with black hair, black make up and dress up like women ^^

(kurzicks)

:p
Spawny

Back to top Go down

Post  Chimiko [lea] on Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:42 pm

I just wanted to start rambling about goths Razz

I really have to beat up some pandas again in AB...
What about an AB-event some weekend or the other?
A build-teams-and-rock-da-place-kinda-event thing
Chimiko [lea]

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spawny on Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:23 pm

sounds fun to do Smile
Spawny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content