Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Forum Ideas

5 posters

Go down

New Forum Ideas Empty Character introduction

Post  Chimiko [lea] Tue May 27, 2008 9:10 am

To keep the forum neatly arranged, I suggest to split it into an off-character and in-character part, some structure is needed, I guess, so it won't be all utter confusion.

The off-character subforum has character introductions and maybe some discussions in it, plus maybe some background information, too. I made the experience that not many ppl know about the GW background. At least it wouldn't hurt to put some things in, I guess. But one could also put background info into the introduction, quite similar to Richie's "Travels through Tyria" (which I really, really, really like(d) to read, hope there will be more soon I love you).
The in-character subforum then might have - but doesn't have to have - some structure, maybe roughly divided in campaigns and then countries, + our wonderfull guildhall as headquarter, so to say, where characters meet and might tell of their travels and battles agains the evils in the world of Tyria.
Though it hasn't to be strickt or stiff in its "categories". One might still travel, we do it all the time ingame, too, right?

Just some thoughts and ideas about it ^^'

ta-ta
Chimiko
Chimiko [lea]
Chimiko [lea]

Back to top Go down

New Forum Ideas Empty General Forum Stuff

Post  Gracie [lea] Tue May 27, 2008 3:41 pm

Hi all Smile It's great to see this forum actually getting used! I tidied up the forum titles but still have a few things to alter with buttons and the like. If this takes off, I'll do a couple more themes to choose from: assassin, warrior, that sort of thing.

I like Chimiko's idea of splitting the forum up between role play and real life guild wars chat so I'll rough something out on the forum later on to see what we think.

Also, we can copy some bits over from the forum, like the Travels Through Tyria for RP and Keep the Story Going for RL, so we don't loose things.

flower
Gracie [lea]
Gracie [lea]
Admin

https://guildwarsallies.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

New Forum Ideas Empty Re: New Forum Ideas

Post  Chimiko [lea] Tue May 27, 2008 5:24 pm

Gracie wrote:Also, we can copy some bits over from the forum, like the Travels Through Tyria for RP and Keep the Story Going for RL, so we don't loose things.

Hooray!
Laola wave for Gracie!
alien cheers alien cheers alien

Plus: I really like the forum desing. Not that dark is bad (I love dark colours) but this appears to be more friendly. And the head banner is just so cool - this pic actually was the reason why I bought Factions and made up 2 ritualists and became Luxion allie (the armors come the closest to the one she's wearing ^^')

*ponder* I think there are Guild Wars smilies somewhere on the internet, too... I'll look out for them!

Chim

Edit: found some!
GW smilies on greensmilies
and
GW smilies on onlinewelten.de
Dunno if you can get them, guess first page has it's DL-section, but not sure about onlinewelten.de - I'll go check that out
Chimiko [lea]
Chimiko [lea]

Back to top Go down

Post  Gracie [lea] Tue May 27, 2008 5:37 pm

Chimiko wrote:And the head banner is just so cool

Pleased you like it Smile I wasn't sure whether to choose a Rit as there not one of the more popular professions, but I think they look great! I stole the pic from some wallpaper and had fun trying to get it to wrap (sort of) properly Razz I love messing with things like that so any requests for others are welcomed Like a Star @ heaven We could even use pics of our own chars if we can get a good one, or run a members only comp to get their pic on the banner - possibilities are endless!

GW smileys would be great. Think these are closest we have at the moment! king queen
Gracie [lea]
Gracie [lea]
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Chimiko [lea] Tue May 27, 2008 6:40 pm

I found a source, where you can download the GW smilies you can see following the first link.
->click to download
I don't know how to implement them, but maybe the file has a .txt in it. As it will possibly be German, I offer to translate it, of course. But I hope the author was smart enough to have an English version with the pack as well

Hmn and suggestions.. well I find the ritualists the most pretty class on GW, so no other class sugestion from my side Wink
But we could open a screenshot category for - well - screenshots we take. Maybe it's possible to make some banners from them which we could use on other forums and the like. I'm registered on 3 GW-related forums and might use 'em there then. And you could put the Postcards from Tyria here, too - at least maybe. Don't want to take everything from the other forum, there still should be something left, I guess ^^'

My 2 cents on that. Smile

Meow,
Chim cat
Chimiko [lea]
Chimiko [lea]

Back to top Go down

Post  Gracie [lea] Tue May 27, 2008 7:22 pm

Thanks for the links Chim!

Chimiko wrote:Don't want to take everything from the other forum, there still should be something left

My thoughts are that the other forum stays as is until the guild are happy using this one, as it's still early days... I think the general rule should be to link to anything that's not our guild's/alliance's, but any intros, stories, and anything that anyone's created elsewhere that they want to repost here is fine.

I've added a couple of forums but they're read only at the mo - I'm going to set up a few topics and pass around any ideas in here. When Isla and everyone are ready to go we'll open it up Very Happy

One idea that was used in another forum was to include the guild name after your name, like Gracie [Lea] or Isla Mann [Lea]. It's a good way of figuring out what guild people are in but helps to make sure that it's just our alliance using the forum, although not really secure. Just an idea to throw in as we might want to keep it more open.
Gracie [lea]
Gracie [lea]
Admin

Back to top Go down

New Forum Ideas Empty Buttons

Post  Anna Morphic Thu May 29, 2008 11:47 pm

There's a site called wincustomize that has a few Guild Wars icons,gifs etc. that you might be able to use here.
Use the search bar and simply type guild wars,and all the stuff they have will come up.They have a neat desktop icon to replace the original too.Download it,and right click your g.w. icon,then select properties and choose the shortcut tab.Then select change icon and simply search for it in the place you downloaded it too.(Hopefully) voila!! A cool new desktop icon for G.W. instead of that darn helmet thingy.
Anna Morphic
Anna Morphic

Back to top Go down

Post  OdaYoshii Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:37 am

How about keeping both of the websites running and using one for RP and RP OOC chat and the suchlike and the other for more guild business?

And the banner is pretty cool, though on my Rit poster I got with factions her fingers look like spider¡'s legs.

OdaYoshii

Back to top Go down

Post  isla mann (Lea) Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:00 pm

Very Happy I think that we should keep both forums going and see how it goes...just wondering when we should make a start for the launch of this one I think most people are keen to use it bounce bounce ...laters sunny Lea
isla mann (Lea)
isla mann (Lea)

Back to top Go down

Post  Gracie [lea] Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:10 pm

Righty ho, let's get this road on the show cheers

I've opened up the RP forum for member access and gotten rid of the RL one for now. Isla, you're a moderator on all forums and can create stickies. If any other officers want to be mods let me know Smile

Oda, what is OOC chat? scratch It's a new one on me!

If anyone has links to any more good pics, potential banners or smileys, let me know. I'll get them up and running on the site in a bit.

Have fun! flower
Gracie [lea]
Gracie [lea]
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Chimiko [lea] Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:04 pm

OOC means "out of character"

I will keep looking for nice pics to use as banners ^^
Chimiko [lea]
Chimiko [lea]

Back to top Go down

Post  Gracie [lea] Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:50 pm

Oh I see Smile Well I'll but another forum up for OOC-ing too! Like a Star @ heaven
Gracie [lea]
Gracie [lea]
Admin

Back to top Go down

New Forum Ideas Empty Guild Acronym

Post  Gracie [lea] Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:28 pm

I've added to the forum rules to put a guild acronym at the end of your character name, as others from the alliance might want to join up.

Chimiko has already done this and I've just updated mine. Unless anyone has any objections (let me know) please do the same! Smile Ta Wink

e.g. Gracie [lea]
Gracie [lea]
Gracie [lea]
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down